Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day Of School 2007

Wow! So, for the first time in 10 years, I spent 6 consecutive hours child free. I thought I would enjoy it a lot more, but I wound up not knowing what to do with myself and feeling a little useless.

Yes, the kids are back in school. Even Ryker is in preschool this year. And, if that doesn't tug at my heartstrings enough, I also realized that I am old enough to have a child entering 5th grade. WHEN THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?!? Andrew isn't old enough for 5th grade! He can't be! I think I'm going to attempt to stay in the same denial I was in about turning 30.......of course, that really didn't do me any good.

So here I sit in a bittersweet moment between bliss and dispair wondering how I'm going to handle my daytime hours without being "mom". I am trying to have a positive attitude about it. Perhaps this will be a good time for me to pick up my hobbies that I've let go to the wayside. I've got boxes of photos that I haven't had time to scrapbook. There are a zillion and one courses I want to take online, and at the local college and I guess I could try to do a bit more physical activity and finally get rid of these extra pounds that I still maintain are just "leftover baby fat". (I have a love hate relationship with my thyroid that is probably a blog unto itself.....but I digress).

So, I guess this will be the year of improving "ME". It's time to turn over a new leaf with regards to various aspects in my life, and this new chapter of being daytime kid free is as good a time as any to get to it.

Back to School 2007
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox

1 comment:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

WOW! I loved it! You are really talented! I love the photos and can't believe how big Ryker looks from when I last saw him. It must be the haircut. I loved the music too tat you had played for your slide show. It was fun and upbeat, just how I like it! Hope you are well!

Believe in Yourself

Have you ever been in a situation that made you feel like no matter what you did, you were not going to make it out? Or maybe had that one d...